WE MAKE CHRISTMAS offers buyers the chance to buy something unique and timeless and designer / makers the chance to sell directly to buyers. Come and see us on Saturday 6th December 2008 at The American Church, Tottenham Court Road, London
FOLKSY are a brand new website offering sellers the chance to sell their handmade goods from a UK platform, and buyers the chance to buy Etsy style goodies in good old £
Together, we’re running a competition called “Folksy Angels”. This has no reference to the gaudy 70s ‘Charlie’ variety but to a new breed of metrosexual dudey doers, i.e. you. To see the competition brief in all its glory go to the flickr group Folksy Angels. If you can’t be bothered to do that and want to know the basics here they are:
- Create a Christmas (or Hannukah or any other wintry, celebratory festival) decoration using recycled or upcycled materials (majority)
- Submit you thing as an image on the Flickr group Folksy Angels
- Add a description on the item about what it’s made with and why you made it
- Entries close on the 30th November
- We’ll start a blog post on the 1st Dec where your comment will act as your vote on the item. Voting will close at midnight on the 3rd
- The winner gets free listings and no commission from sales on Folksy for A WHOLE YEAR starting 1st January 2009 and ending 31st
- The most popular photographs will also be made into Greetings Cards which will be available for sale via Folksy and at We Make Christmas.
December 2009. In addition to this the winning entry will become part of the special Promotional Goodie bag given away as a prize at the We Make Christmas raffle.
This competition is open to everyone and anyone, so hop over to the Folksy Angels Flickr group and get crafting!